[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Cycling is a great way to reduce your environmental impact while also getting regular exercise. It is an increasingly popular method of commuting to work, with cyclists sharing the road with other road-users. . It does however, come fraught with an extra element of danger when compared to a more conventional form of transport.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]As a cyclist you are significantly more vulnerable to injury while on the roads. Regardless of who may be fault, it is extremely likely that the cyclist will come off second best in the case of an unfortunate event coming together.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Bicycle Accident Claims Process
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you have been in a bicycle accident, there are a few distinct things you can do to give yourself the best chance for a successful claim.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
- Receive Treatment: Your priority should always be to receive treatment for the injuries you have sustained. This is especially important if there are multiple parties involved in the accident that need medical attention. Call an ambulance, and if necessary, call the Police too. You will need an ‘QP number from the police to assist in your claim.
- Obtain Information: Take photos of information that is relevant to your potential case. You should also make a note of the registration of the cars involved in the accident, as well as contact details of any witnesses that can help to clarify the particulars of the accident.
- Contact Legal Counsel: A bicycle accident lawyer will be able to give you some very valuable guidance and insight into your chances of success. Contact a lawyer with a free claim assessment to enter into a no-obligation agreement.
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]There are time limits that apply to a personal injury claim such as this, so do not hesitate to bring forth your bicycle accident claim.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Bicycle Accident Claim Payouts & Reimbursements
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Bicycle accident compensation claims can be applied for several things. Essentially, the compensation is meant to supplement the new form that your life takes. You may not be able to work to the same extent (causing a loss in earnings), you may have new expenses, and you may have been dealt a significant amount of undue pain and suffering.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Contrary to some people’s belief, the negligent party at fault does not pay for your bicycle accident claim themselves, with that responsibility falling to their CTP insurer. The bicycle accident pay-out amount that you receive will depend on several conditions, including the severity of your injuries.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Can A Biker Be Sued for a Car-Bicycle Accident?
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Car drivers may be held to a higher standard of care for cyclist, due to the increased vulnerability of a bike rider or cyclist on the roads. If a cyclist was negligent and endangered themselves in the lead up to an accident, the case may take a different form.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Ways in which a cyclist may have endangered themselves include:
- Not using the bicycle lane correctly or riding against the direction of traffic
- Holding onto another vehicle that is moving
- Not giving way to vehicles when they are required to
- Riding recklessly
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”” add_button=”right” btn_title=”Contact Car Accident Helpline Today” btn_link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fcaraccidenthelpline.com.au%2Fcontact%2F|title:Contact||”]
For more information about this behaviour may affect the outcome of your bicycle accident claim, contact Car Accident Helpline today. We specialise in car accident law and helping Australians receive the compensation that they are owed.